Minutes of Waiheke Choral Society 17 June 2019

Held at: Anne Willmann’s home Fisher Terrace. 19:00

Present: Saskia Herren, Maya Spence, Nicolas Herren, Susan Triggs, Anne Willmann, and Gavin Smart

Apologies: Mark James

General Business:

The purpose of the meeting is to check the details of the concert.

- Pot Pourri, here we go again

  1. Committee appoints conductor and names concert

Conductor - Anne Willimann

  1. Committee sets and communicates the programme, items, soloists

Janneke has offered to play a couple of piano duets with Anne

It was decided we would have slide show running

@Anne – will borrow the projector – DONE

@All – can we all look out for pictures and send them to Anne.

Maya has found some and sent them to Anne to review.

  1. Committee establishes budget – There is just hall hire and appropriate advertising.

We have an account for Copying $45.00

  1. Committee appoints production team to organise, which will then do the following:

The committee will be the production team.

@Gavin – will ask Jamie if he will check and set up stage lights for the choir. So that we can see our music 😊 DONE

Gavin will check that there is enough light for the piano and bring a lamp and extension cord in case.

  1. Plans ongoing communication with members, via newsletter and telephone contact

@ Mark and @ Anne

@ Mark


  1. Sets the date

29th Rocky Bay 19:00 and 30th June Morra Hall 14:00

  1. Arranges accompanist

Carolyn Smart

  1. Obtains the music

Anne has set the music, and this has been photocopied by Saskia

@Saskia will give the copier free tickets to the concert and organise a thank you card

  1. Liaises with any other parties involved / M.C. etc. N/A

  1. Arranges rehearsals – how many? when? where? books the venue - DONE

We will have a rehearsal on Sunday 23rd 2 - 4

We will have choir arrive 90 minutes before each concert to arrange seating and have a warmup.

@Maya – has organised with Dee that we can we borrow the library chairs for the choir for Rocky Bay.

@Susan/Kim to collect and deliver.

  1. Books a venue for performance – rehearsals commence – DONE

  1. Decides cost of tickets and booking details $15.00

  1. Decides publicity and advertising DONE

@Anne – to publicise the concert at Rebus

  1. Arranges production of poster

@Saskia - to produce poster by end of May

@Dee – Saskia to ask Dee if she would be able to produce a simple program (folded A4)

  1. On the day / door / refreshments / setting up / cleaning etc

Let’s have a cup of tea and nibbles after the concert. We’ll organise closer to the time.

  1. Performance / thanks – Flowers for the director, pianist and soloist.

  1. Concert dress code: Block coloured tops and back bottoms

Other Business:

Mid-winter get together

The choir said that they would like a Christmas party and a mid-winter party. Mid-winter get together 18:00 Friday 12th July.

Hall set up at 16:00 as usual

Susan to bring the ham

@Anne – to write email with concert confirmation, including order of songs, dress code, afternoon tea - sopranos and tenors Saturday and altos and bases Sunday, extra rehearsal.

Then ask Dee to email to the choir mailing list

@Maya to send Suzie Onetangi Hall bookings are now organised by Suzie Millar – oraonetangi@gmail.com. Maya has emailed

Kara Nelson

@Maya to contact Rosemary and or Kara to see if they have any plans for Kara’s birthday in November. Perhaps a mix of songs from concerts the choir has sung over the last 40 years.

Once we have found out if this is a happening thing we can meet with Richard

Future Concerts

@ Richard is interested in discussing a concert later in the year. Saskia to invite Richard to the concert and our mid-winter get together.

If we are to sing for Kara’s birthday this would be a priority else perhaps the easier bits of the Christmas Oratory or Samuel Barber or German Requiem in English or excerpts from Carmen.

Next Meeting:

Provisional meeting Tuesday, 9th July 7:00 pm at Maya’s house