Minutes of Waiheke Choral Society 29 April 2019
Held at: Anne Willmann’s home Fisher Terrace. 19:00
Present: Saskia Herren, Maya Spence, Nicolas Herren, Susan Triggs, Anne Willmann, Mark James and Gavin Smart
Messa di Gloria
The concert made a profit of $408.60
Mark will organise for this to be donated to the Christchurch Mosque Victims Family Support
Purpose of the meeting is to decide the details of the concert.
Concert - Pot Pourri, here we go again
1. committee appoints conductor and names concert
Conductor - Anne Willmann
2. committee sets and communicates the programme, items, soloists
Anne feels a guest soloist would make a nice addition to the concert.
@Maya - will ask Andy to David Rawsthorne if he would be prepared to play for us.
@Anne - would Carolyn Smart like to play a piece? Anne to follow up.
It was decided we would have slide show running
@Anne – will borrow the projector
@All – can we all look out for pictures and send them to Anne.
3. committee establishes budget – Just hall hire, appropriate advertising
4. committee appoints production team to organise, which will then do the following: The committee will be the production team.
@Gavin – will ask Jamie if he will check and set up stage lights for the choir. So that we can see our music 😊
5. plans ongoing communication with members, via newsletter and telephone contact
1st week of June send an article for publication
3rd week of June arrange an interview for Anne
4th week of June place an advertisement
add to What’s Up
organise ticket sales
6. Sets the date
- 29th Rocky Bay 19:00 and 30th June Morra Hall 14:00
7. arranges accompanist(s)
- Carolyn Smart
8. obtains the music
- Anne has set music and this has been photocopied by Saskia
9. liaises with any other parties involved / M.C. etc. N/A
10. arranges rehearsals – how many? when? where? books the venue Done. Hopefully we will not need extra rehearsals, but Anne will make that call later.
We will have choir arrive 90 minutes before each concert to arrange seating and have a warm up.
@Maya – will check seating at Rocky Bay and if needed we will ask Dee if we can we borrow the library chairs for the choir for Rocky Bay
11. books a venue for performance – rehearsals commence - Done
12. decides cost of tickets and booking details $15.00
13. decides publicity and advertising – Done
@Anne – to publicise the concert at Rebus
14. arranges production of poster
@Saskia - to produce poster by end of May
@Dee – Saskia to ask Dee if she would be able to produce a simple program (folded A4)
15. on the day / door / refreshments / setting up / cleaning etc
Let’s have a cup of tea and nibbles after the concert. We’ll organise closer to the time.
16. Performance / thanks – To be organised later
Wednesday, 29th May 7:00 pm
Meeting ended: 20:10