Waiheke Choral Society Inc.
Minutes of Meeting held Tuesday 21 October at Whittakers’ Musical Museum
The meeting commenced at 7.05pm.
Present: Philip, Jeanne, Richard, Andy, Maya, Judy, Marion, Dee, Ann.
Apologies: Janet, Mark
The minutes of the previous meeting were accepted. Jan/Marion
1.A Capella concert Music of the Tudor Court was performed last Saturday to a small, appreciative audience. Koha from A Capella concert (approximately $80) to be used to cover hire of venue( ? ) and advertising ($45.00 Gulf News). Any surplus to be donated to community group.
2.Sub-Committee of Philip, Richard and Judy put forward their recommendations for next year’s program as follows:
· Major Production in first half of year – South Pacific Recommended that auditions be held during next six weeks with show ready to start rehearsals early in new year for performance in May.
· To celebrate Handel’s 200th anniversary, full production of The Messiah with Sing Waiheke and Orlando Singers invited to join Choral Society for concert at end of year.
· A children’s show produced by Choral Society with parents and other interested adults invited to undertake all major tasks involved. The intention would be to provide outlet for young people’s interest and talent.
That sub-committee’s proposals be accepted. Andy/Marion Carried
3.No update re King and I costumes.
4.Cheque for $3000.00 not yet sent to Artworks – awaiting Treasurer’s signature.
· Flyers and “2 for 1” ticket to new movie Young at Heart
· Acknowledgement of grant application to Auckland City
· Choral Federation newsletter
· ASB Bank Statement.
Grant Application to Auckland City.
Balance in Bank 31 August 2008 $12,890.04
Bus. Accel. Account $9,554.91
That Bank Statement be received. Jeanne/Richard
That we purchase a ham for the Choral Society Christmas party. Philip/Jeanne.
Jeanne requested help for setting up hall for Christmas party on 7 December. Judy and Ann offered to help.
Anu Grace wishes to talk with Philip re Choral Society performing at Carols by Candlelight. Philip to report back at next meeting.
Meeting ended at 7.30pm. Next Meeting Tuesday 4 November 6.45pm