Minutes of Committee/Production Committee Meeting Waiheke Choral Society
held on Monday 11 June at 21 Albert Crescent.

The meeting started at 6.15pm.

Present: Jeanne Mellamphy (Chair), Richard, Mark, Andy, Maya, Barbara, Ann J., Anne S., Christine H., Marion R..

Apologies: Jack & Marie Watson, Phillip Symonds, Colin Beardon, Stan Edwards, Dee Austring.

The Minutes of the previous meeting were read and confirmed. Andy/ Ann S.

Inwards: Letter from Creative Communities Scheme re approval of application for $1,000.00 Grant towards costs of King and I.
Outwards: Card to Jeanne & Dan Mellamphy on occasion of their Golden Wedding Anniversary.

Financial Report:
Balance in Bank $1700.00 (Incl. $1,000.00 Grant)
Accounts for Payment: Barbara Cuff $19.30 (Reimbursement for purchase of masks for show.
That accounts be passed for payment. Jeanne/Andy Carried.

Business Arising re King & I
Two free ferry tickets provided by Waiheke Shipping for Christine and Anne S to go to Auckland to purchase props and materials.
Crinoline problems solved. Several now available for loan/hire
Colin has printed 60 Sponsorship brochures and distributed 30 already. Ideas re possible additional sponsors welcome.
Stephen Tysoe is now taking responsibility for Set Design. Colin and Stan will assist him meeting this week to hand over what has been prepared so far. Stephen will also be meeting with Richard and Phillip this week re set design.
Cheryl has agreed to do lighting. Ann has agreed to prepare contract in consultation with Mark and Philip. She will be required for Technical Rehearsal, two Dress Rehearsals and 8 shows.
Proposal from Andy to make pencil bookings of Artworks for weekend of 6-8 Sep, so that additional performances can be staged if a. Cast are available and b. Houses are booked out.

Publicity:Christine agreed to contact Auckland City Council and Rotary about erecting a banner across the main street of Oneroa.

Lun Tha Not yet cast. Richard will know on Sunday.
Slaves: Michael Tysoe, Jack Watson, Peter Armstrong, Bernard Rhodes,k Daniel?

Other Matters re King & I

Supervision of Children required during tea breaks on Tuesdays and Sundays.
Phillip asked Richard to advise committee that he had received complaint about the condition of the kitchen following last rehearsal at Artworks.Parents not in the cast and attending rehearsals to be asked to help.

Anne Willman will now be accompanist for Sunday Rehearsals. Richard will accompany on Tuesdays. Kit is no longer required for K&I Rehearsals. Ann to send card thanking her for the work she has already done.

Artworks has been booked for 10 days from 6 August

The entire cast is required to attend every Sunday Rehearsal. From next Sunday, rehearsals will run through scenes in sequence.

Contribution to costs of costumes and wigs
After some discussion re how to recoup some of the costs for costumes and wigs it was agreed to ask all cast who are not currently Choral Society members, to contribute as follows:
Adults $20.00     Children $10.00     Family (adult and child/children $25.00
People also to be offered option of paying annual subscription of $30.00
Ann to prepare info. Slip re above to distribute at rehearsals.

Christine read a list of all props needed for show. Would welcome any contributions. Includes world map 1862.

Ballet (Maya)
Maya is arranging a group of people to do props for the Ballet.
Judy Oliver has been assisting Maya with choreography. It was agreed that her contribution should be acknowledged in the program
Ramon, Kathy Stilson and Tenneke have agreed to participate. Ramon is also assisting with choreography.

The committee thanked Maya for the huge amount of time and effort she has put into preparation of the Ballet.

Hall Booking
Palm Beach Hall will not be used for rehearsals during July and August. A Cappella will be rehearsing at Artworks. Mark agreed to negotiate an arrangement to keep our for our usual booking to be reinstated from September, perhaps for a retainer fee.

The meeting closed at 7.45pm